said 9 months ago:
These are some pretty common issues. Here are some answers:1. Hiding obviously doesn’t work for all posts. More than likely you’ll have to unlike the Page or just quickly scroll past the annoyances. To unlike a Page, follow these instructions:
You can unlike a Page by taking the following steps:
You can also navigate to the Page by entering its name into the search bar in the upper right corner, and click the “Unlike” link located on the lower left hand side of the screen. **This info is straight from Facebook Help Center
- Find the post in your profile (timeline) that states you like the Page or find a post from the Page in your news feed.
- Click the “x” located in the top right hand side of the post.
- From the drop-down menu, click “Unlike Page.”
2. I’m not sure if you’re uploading the picture first and trying to pull it from the album or if you’re actually clicking the cover photo images to swap them out, however, if you’re not clicking on the cover photo, try that. If you hover over the cover photo image, in the bottom right hand corner is “Change cover photo”. Click that and upload the image. If it’s not saving still, make sure your cover photo dimensions are correct. It should be 851 wide X 315 pixels wide.
3. The boxes you mentioned are apps. There are a ton of Facebook app companies you can use including Wildfire.com, Woobox.com and Appsbistro.com. Occasionally, some companies have tab apps you can find by doing a Facebook advanced search and click on apps.
**Edit to include #4**4. To get more posts to show up, scroll to the absolute bottom of your news feed. It takes a while to get there. I’ll wait…. =) Once you’re at the bottom, click “edit options in bottom right corner of the news feed, its on a blue bar. This can also help with #1 but since hiding hasn’t worked before, I’m not sure if you want to try it again. After you get to the box, you can manage your settings. The should be a dropdown menu at the top of the box that says “Friends and Pages you interact with most” change that to the second option which should be “All friends and Pages”. Facebook changed the default a while back to only show posts from Pages and people you interact with most which significantly changes what shows up in your news feed.
If you need help with any of these, let me know. I’d be happy to help you get started.