said 1 year, 4 months ago:
@leslielaney Based on what I have looked into, it is my understanding that the page information that has the “MOST LIKES” is the one that becomes primary upon merging company pages. This is the information on the Facebook Help Center ( http://www.facebook.com/help/search/?q=duplicate+places):
“I have two Facebook Pages or Places for the same thing. Can I merge them?Yes, you can merge duplicate Pages and Places. Please note you will only be able to merge the Page or Place with fewer likes into the one with more likes. To do so:
- Go to the Page or Place with the most likes. This will be the one you’ll keep.
- Click the Edit Page button in the top right corner.
- From the left sidebar, select Resources.
- Click the Merge duplicate Pages link. This link will only appear if you admin two Pages with similar names.
- A dialogue will show Pages and Places you admin that qualify to be merged. Select the Page(s) you wish to merge. If you’re merging a Place and a Page, they must have the same address information.
The Page or Place with fewer likes will be removed from Facebook and you will not be able to unmerge them.”