said 11 months ago:
It’s Censorship. And yes, I beg to differ.
Denied the opportunity to think for themselves; people learn nothing about life or how to handle it’s inevitable challenges.
Whenever we disagree with someone or something; should we just silence them, burn it down, make them disappear or deny freedom of speech?
You don’t like the show you’re watching do you:
a. change the channel?
b. take a sledge hammer to your flat screen?
With a little thought SME and members could have worked it out:
* SME could have expressly prohibited the mention of its name or
the exchange in public posts (private message only).
* That which you “like” can be un-liked.
* That which you don’t like should have never be liked in the first place.
* Members themselves could have decided to squash the exchange.
* Members could have limited it to the first 30 likes (page name/insights).
* Members could have “blocked” pests on facebook.
And this issue of phony likes. Do you actually know the intent behind “real” likes. How do you know for sure it was not on a whim or an impulse?
Full disclosure: I had no problem with the great people I exchanged with.
Part of being sociable is graciously accepting things that are different.
I respectfully agree to disagree.