said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:
That link didn’t work, could you send again please?
Argh this shouldn’t be this hard, am going around in circles, I have read Facebook’s information about merging 2 similar business pages but was asking about merging a personal page straight into a business page without the conversion step.
I;ve done this before and it was fine and I didn;t have to worry about one with more or less likes etc.
I have two Facebook Pages for the same thing. Can I merge them? Yes, you can merge duplicate Pages so long as they represent the same thing. Please note you can only merge the Page with fewer likes into the one with more likes. To do so:
- Go to the Page with more likes. This will be the one you’ll keep.
- From the top of your Page, click Edit Page
- Select Update Info
- From the left sidebar, select Resources.
- Click the Merge duplicate Pages link. This link will only appear if you manage two Pages with similar names.
- A dialogue will show Pages you manage that qualify to be merged. Select the Page(s) you wish to merge. If you’re merging Pages with a location, they must have the same address information.
Merging Pages combines all your likes and check-ins, but all other content from the Page with fewer likes, such as wall posts, photos and its username
, will be permanently deleted. Content on the Page with more likes will remain unchanged, except for the addition of likes and check-ins added from the Page with fewer likes.
The Page with fewer likes will be removed from Facebook and you will not be able to unmerge it.