said 11 months, 4 weeks ago:
This morning, I was looking at my “About” section on my personal facebook page, and I noticed my email was listed as: firstname.lastname@example.org. (You may remember facebook rolling out their email service a year or so ago.)
Since I didn’t remember ever doing that, I started checking around, and through Forbes, discovered facebook removed everyone’s email addresses from their profile and inserted an “@facebook.com” email.
Here’s how to get your desired emails back on your profile:
- Go to the “About” section of your profile.
- Go down to the section with your email info, and click “Edit”.
- When you click the circles next to the email addresses, you will see “Shown on timeline” or Hidden from timeline”.
- Choose which emails you want to be seen, and which you want to be hidden (i.e. @facebook.com)
- Be sure to click “Save” when you are done!