said 1 year ago:
Ok, here we go! I’m going to be as honest as possible.
1. There is a grammar error in your cover photo. “Loves” should be “love.” You are a group of “people who love” not a “group” of people “who loves.” Things like these are very, very important if you want to convey professionalism and trust.
2. Website description could be more compelling, more exciting.
3. When you post a “Question of the Day,” like you did on Sunday, use the Facebook Question feature, it is under the “event/milestone” tab. All the research I have read says that if you make it super easy for people to respond, they are more likely to respond. It is much quicker to click a radial button than to add a comment. A poll format will help engage your fans.
4. Delete the entry from May 12, or make it private. It looks like an error, and makes the page look unprofessional and sloppy. People do not want to be fans of sloppy pages.
5. Since you are posting pre-launch, it might be kind of fun if you did a weekly post titled “Launch Update” or something, listing your progress. You could even do this in the “milestone” format on the timeline, this will be a fun way for users to keep up with how things are going pre-launch. If you use the “milestone,” you can create a mark on the timeline showing everything you’ve done up to launch date. Kind of a fun thing for you, a fun thing for your fans, and will help beef up the page a lot.
6. Instead of making posts that just say one line, like, “Happy Mother’s Day,” find something really interesting to post related to the day. Like, link to an article about how they celebrate Mother’s Day differently in another country, or link to a gallery of famous mothers. You should focus on posting things that people actually want to read, not just posts always about your site and your products. Engage your users on a personal level before you pitch to them. Let them know you’re a human over there, too!
7. On Monday you posted that you were butting heads with your programmers, and asked how everyone else’s day was going. On Mondays, I like to post something silly, like a riddle, or a news article about something odd or interesting that happened over the weekend. On Mondays, no one wants to be at work, everyone is tired, no one can focus. Help them take a little break with something fun.
8. Also, on that post, I would have put a poll. Something like, How is your day going? A. Typical Monday. B. Starting off the week right! Or C. Help! Just something kind of amusing that will catch people’s eyes and encourage them to share.
Otherwise, great start!! Hope that helped!