said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:
@mchillemi : I use Dreamhost for hosting (mainly because they are carbon neutral).They, as I’m sure other do to, have a nifty One-Click-Install service. Installing WordPress is a breeze without it, but a sheer joy with it…
If you do not have such a service then the steps to blog independence are:
- Find hosting (and get a domain name)
- FTP your WordPress.org files to your domain
- Run the install and setup your blog
- Install plugins (SEO, Google Analytics etc.)
- Start blogging and put up ads…
Now, if you have a blog at WordPress.com they have a paid service
to help you transfer.
Else, you need to do an export/import.
All in all.., if you know what your doing moving a blog
can be a challenge, if you don’t, well don’t start.., get help.
Writing everything down here is a bit much… But the Guided Transfer sounds like a good move…