said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:
I’ve been reconsidering how to set up the parameters in my WordPress All In One SEO plug-in (or others) since all the continuing Google updates… and Google’s new Index reporting feature… and have watched Brian Johnson go step by step… recommending to check this box, uncheck that one, etc…. BUT, still have reservations… and am uncertain WHAT to do and WHY I’m doing it.
Here’s the article about the Google’s Index. When I saw this, I was reminded of ALL the extra pages I REALLY have hanging around on my site just because of the choices I’ve made in categories, tagging, which boxes I checked, etc., knowing full well I had no idea what I was doing when I first checked or unchecked them.
Now, with a little more experience and know-how under my belt, I’m ready to understand EXACTLY what I need to do…
In light of all the changes… and the Index’s new reporting features…
- What’s the takeaway to Google’s new Index reporting features?
- Which SEO plug-in will you use?
- When optimizing a post, how will you check or uncheck all those seo plug-in boxes and why?
- Got any step-by-step instructions, templates info to share?
- Any other advice to ensure your page gets indexed and ranked highly?
- What other questions should I be asking?
- What info do I need to answer those questions?