Running contests on Pinterest is a great way to expose your brand to a large audience, attract new followers and engage with your existing follower base.
In this article, I’ll showcase nine businesses running successful Pinterest contests.
Why Pinterest Contests?
Here is why you should run a contest on Pinterest:
- Pinterest is the third most popular social network in the U.S. in terms of traffic.
- Pinterest has accumulated 14.9 million users as of July 2012.
- Pinterest is retaining and engaging users as much as 2-3 times more efficiently than Twitter was at a similar time in its history.
- Over 80% of pins are repins, demonstrating the tremendous “virality” at work in the Pinterest community.
- Pinterest accounted for 3.6% of referral traffic as of January 2012.
- Shoppers referred by Pinterest are 10% more likely to make a purchase than visitors who arrive from other social networks, including Facebook and Twitter.
Using Pinterest contests, your brand can engage with consumers in a personal and cost-effective way.
Contests can also help you collect customer information, preferences and feedback. This valuable data can then be put into action to enhance your offerings and acquire more customers.